1. Located across the street from the MUSIC BUILDING is BRUCE HALL, the designated dormitory for the All-State Choir Campers. With girls assigned to one floor and boys assigned to a different floor, dorm rooms are double occupancy with gender specific community bathrooms on the hall.
A specific roommate may be requested on the registration form. If you prefer, we can assign you a roommate; it is an opportunity to make a new friend.
2. All meals will be served in the BRUCE HALL cafeteria and supervised by assigned staff members. Food Service has assured us that all meals will be sufficiently varied and plentiful. Parents and students, seeking considerations for special diets, should contact Peter Balabuch, Cafeteria Operations Director (940-565-2962).
3. Boarders need to bring a sleeping bag or twin size bed linens, pillow, towel, alarm clock, and personal toiletries.
4. Plan to wear casual summer camp clothes. Shorts are permitted.
5. To participate, every camper must have his or her own All-State music packet for rehearsals. You have three options: (1) order your music packet through the registration form, the music packet will be waiting for you; (2) purchase your music packet at the time of registration; or (3) purchase a music packet from another source such as a different choir camp, Pender’s Music, or J.W. Peppers Music. If you purchase the music from a different source, it is very important that you remember to bring it to the camp. Most campers order a music packet when they register on line. Keep in mind that we will have a limited number of packets available on the day of registration.
6. For campers interested in sharing your talents and performing in UNT All-State Choir Camp Talent Show, sign-up will be at Wednesday’s registration. Don’t forget to pack the items you need for your act -- CD soundtracks, props, costumes, etc. The Talent Show always features an amazing array of talent.
7. New this year, campers will go to our Campus Recreation facility on Thursday night. There will be opportunities for basketball, volleyball, badminton, dodgeball, sand volleyball, a climbing wall, movies, and a pool. Bring a bathing suit and be ready for a night of fun!
8. You may want to consider bringing some extra pocket money. Vending machines are available, and a trip to the UNT campus store will be included.
9. The dress code for the dance is nonspecific. Typically, the clothes students wear to the rehearsals are the same clothes students wear to the dance. Spending extra time and money on special clothes for the dance is unnecessary and not encouraged.
10. Parking pass requests will be filled at registration. Throughout the camp, this pass must be kept on your car’s dashboard. Legal parking is available in “R” lots. The campus police will issue parking tickets to cars parked illegally. The vehicles of day commuters must remain parked and locked throughout the camp day. Should there be a reason to return to your car outside the designated travel times, a counselor must accompany you. This policy will be a strictly enforced. Our primary parking lot is LOT#7, directly across the street from BRUCE HALL.
11. Rehearsal and piano accompaniment CD’s will be on sale for $12.00 per CD.
12. The finale concert will be recorded by UNT recording technicians in Winspear Hall, Murchison Performing Arts Center on Saturday. Included in your registration fee is the cost for a digital recording of the concert performance on Saturday.
13. Parents and campers: On registration day, it is important that you park in the paved areas provided in the “R” parking lots only. Campus police are unforgiving and will ticket cars parked illegally. Lot #7 is directly across the street from McCONNELL HALL.
14. All commuters are invited and encouraged to attend the evening activities. These activities include Wednesday’s Camp Dance, Thursday’s Recreation Night, and Friday’s Talent Show.
15. Commuters’ meals are limited to lunches and dinners. Dormitory boarders are provided breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Eating something at every meal is highly encouraged. Food provides the fuel necessary to succeed.
16. Please remember to bring all “personal” medications to camp.
17. REGISTRATION WILL BE IN BRUCE - NOT THE MUSIC BUILDING